Consumers love how digital native brands like Netflix, Amazon, and Spotify seem to read their minds and deliver personalized content or product recommendations when, where, and how they want it: just the right TV show on a Friday night, a kitchen gadget you didn’t think you needed but now can’t do without, the perfect song to power you through the last half-mile of your after-work run.
They’re setting the bar so high that there’s a new definition of success for digital marketers. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to clear the bar on your own. Too many targeting options to test them or even figure out where to invest the time. Too many technologies to integrate into a multi-vendor marketing stack. Not enough time (or, let’s face it, interest) in measuring bounce rates, time on site, or some other new metric everyone’s saying is the best thing since sliced bread.
Of course, the marketers at Netflix, Amazon, and Spotify aren’t analyzing these metrics and making decisions to achieve this sort of 1:1 personalization. They’re relying on AI and machine learning to do so.
And that’s what Lytics in the Google Cloud can do for your marketing department, too, because Lytics is available to Google Cloud customers through Google Marketplace and your Google rep. Since Lytics is built in the Google Cloud, Google reps are able to get the ball rolling with Lytics, so you can offer your customers everything these digital-native companies do:
- personalized experiences at scale
- relevant content and product recommendations
- highly targeted marketing campaigns
Of course you probably have some questions about how Lytics for Google Cloud works, so we’ve put together this list of frequently asked questions for you.
Q: Why should you consider Lytics on Google Cloud?
Built for marketing teams and powered by Google, Lytics’ powerful AI/machine learning engine accelerates digital transformation for businesses that need to personalize their online presence and marketing campaigns now in response to changing consumer expectations. Lytics combines the right data–first-party behavioral data–with the right data science, powered by machine learning, to deliver insights that let you personalize website experiences, make relevant content and product recommendations, and optimize digital marketing spend through highly targeted campaigns. Check out our Google + Lytics educational page for more reasons why to choose Lytics.
Q: What is the relationship between Google and Lytics?
Lytics is built on the Google Cloud Platform, so it’s reliable, powerful, secure, and scalable to meet all your data needs. Because of this partnership, Lytics is seamlessly integrated with several Google offerings to make managing your digital marketing efforts easier.
- Google Tag Manager: With Lytics’ automatically available tag, you can conveniently measure conversions, site analytics, and more without touching your website’s code.
- Google Ad Manager: Generate additional revenue by targeting your customers and prospects with inline ads on your website.
- Display & Video 360: Build stronger remarketing lists and improve ad spend using Lytics’ behavioral and content affinity data.
- Google Analytics: Build more targeted marketing campaigns using Lytics built-in integration with Google Analytics.
- Google Big Query: Build a powerful marketing data warehouse where you can use Lytics’ data science capabilities to analyze customer behavior and learn what drives conversions.
Q: How does Lytics use Big Query?
Lytics and Big Query process, analyze, and transform your first-party customer behavioral data, and then present it in interactive, configurable dashboards. That way marketers can configure campaigns and other customer interactions using a simple process, without needing assistance from data scientists or BI specialists.
- Use Lytics to identify customer behavior and intent from your first-party data in just minutes.
- Store and process data effortlessly in Google Big Query. Lytics and Big Query share, analyze, and transform data and then segment your customers in real time.
- Visualize and analyze data in Looker. Use templates to build custom dashboards and configure individual campaigns.
Q: If I’m a Google Cloud user what does this mean for me?
If you’re already a Google Cloud user, integrating Lytics into your marketing technology stack is simple and straightforward. You can get started by visiting Lytics’ listing in the Google Marketplace.
Within a week of implementing Lytics, you can gain actionable insights based on your first-party customers’ behavioral and intent data. These data are more reliable in revealing customer preferences; a recent study of 350 Lytics customers found that 92% of outcome variabilities can be traced to customer activities tracked by these data.
Q: What are some use cases for Lytics for Google Cloud users?
- Insights and predictive recommendations: Increase customer engagement and drive ROI by using your existing data and Lytics’ data science toolkit to optimize your marketing tactics.
- Affinity-driven engagement: Use Lytics’ machine learning to understand how your customers engage with your brand and the content that appeals to them–then make personalized recommendations at scale.
- Customer life cycle optimization: Increase lifetime customer value by using affinity to create ideal customer experiences then lookalike modeling to speed the transition to value.
- Optimize channel communications: Identify key goals for your marketing organization, then use Lytics journeys and audiences to focus on meeting KPI targets and achieving goals.
Q: Is it easy to get started?
It is! Either reach out to your Google representative, visit the Google Marketplace, or contact us to start a conversation about your goals, needs, and the level of Lytics service that is most appropriate–including a free trial of Lytics View.
Q: How can I find out more?
That’s easy. Reach out to your Google rep or contact me, Sean Browning, Lytics VP of Partnerships.