Read customer stories
What is the GDPR and how might it impact your company? This introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), authored by The Content Advisory’s Tim Walters, an expert in GDPR, is intended to provide marketers and related roles with an initial sense of their obligations and opportunities under this new regulation.
This orientation is delivered in the form of a conversational FAQ. While by no means comprehensive, the FAQ aims to cover both the most common and the most essential questions about the impact of GDPR on marketers. Sidebars and graphics provide additional information about terminology, key provisions of the regulation, and so forth.
The FAQ is organized into the following sections:
– The basics: What is the GDPR and what does it want from me?
– Consent: Obtaining permission to use personal data
– Legitimate interest: A get-out-of-jail-free card for marketers under the GDPR?
– The data subject rights: Putting consumers in control of their data
– Accountability: Proving that you are compliant with the GDPR
– Other considerations: The parts of the GDPR we’re not talking about in detail: data security, breach notification, data transfers outside of the EU, and more.
The report concludes with a discussion of the opportunities created by the GDPR. That’s right—there are business advantages to complying.